Maggie on Elm

Friday, February 22, 2008

A Snowy Friday

It snowed. School's were closed.
At first I was bummed out because it is my day off and I had errands to run.
But the snow fall was really pretty. The flakes were fluffy and laid in the branches and on the wires. I settled in for the morning. I read. Played with the dog. Caught up with family email. Then ventured out to shovel. We had about three inches. I timed it well as the sun was just beginning to warm the snow, making it wet and heavier. The only nasty bit was getting the car out as the borough plow had humped snow up off the middle of the street.
Done shoveling, I went to the grocery store and made the classic mistake of food shopping when I was hungry. So this afternoon, I made oatmeal raisin cookies. Now there is a 5 pound stuffed chicken roasting in the oven. Smells good. And it looks good when I baste it. Looking forward to dinner with a glass of Pinot Grigio.
That’s the east coast.
On the west coast, both my daughter’s car and her roommate’s car were hit during the night by a drunk driver. Her day has been very frustrating as the drunk had a suspended license for a previous DUI and was driving his girl friend’s father’s car...of course, unknown to the father. So far there is no insurance company ready to step up.
So how’s your day been?
Coasting? Frustrating?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home